As the face of the organization, the Executive Director (ED) is responsible for carrying out COG’s mission, vision, and goals. The ED provides leadership and management of the day to day operations as well as special projects as directed by the Board. The ED works collaboratively with the Board and its Programs, Finance, and Governance Committees.
Program and Event Management:
- Coordinate the communication, outreach, and selection process for COG’s projects; oversee project designers, liaisons, and advisors through the design process.
- Manage and evaluate program performance of completed projects.
- Initiate planning, publicity, and coordination of events including Design Reviews, Project Showcase, and other public events.
- Identify and pursue partnerships and strategic alliances with local organizations and institutions.
Outreach and Communications:
- Support the creation and management of a communications plan.
- Coordinate marketing materials, press releases, and associated products.
- Draft and oversee production of eNewsletters, social media posts and website content.
Financial and Fundraising:
- Support development of the annual budget and financial documentation.
- Initiate and create two appeal letters per year.
- Lead fundraising initiatives and manage followup.
- Lead grant application process; track deadlines, oversee grant writing and manage deliverables and grant reports.
- Assist the Finance Committee to initiate and implement strategies to grow earned and contributed revenue.
- Manage day to day organizational finances with the Treasurer and Finance Committee.
Operational Management + Administrative:
- Manage interns, as needed.
- Coordinate annual project data.
- Draft and lay out Annual Report.
- Assist Board Chair in planning of bi-monthly Board meetings and provide monthly updates to the Board.
- Oversee CRM (contact and donors list) maintenance.
This is a part-time (20-25 hours a week) position with a salary range of $40,000-48,000 depending on experience. Hours are flexible and fluctuate seasonally. Occasional weekend evening hours are expected.
The Executive Director is committed to COGdesign’s mission and has demonstrated successful non-profit leadership and management experience within a non-traditional setting. Strong, action-oriented, self-directed skills as well as an entrepreneurial spirit and open-mindedness are key. A demonstrated interest or experience in community design and education, construction and planning is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience working in nonprofit organizations with staff, volunteers, and committees.
- Experience with budgeting, fundraising, and grant writing.
- Experience in the Greater Boston nonprofit landscape, including connections to community based organizations and institutions.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently work independently and in collaboration with diverse constituencies.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Competency with print and internet-based marketing and communications.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Google Documents, Google Drive, eNewsletters platforms, WordPress, and graphic design programs.
Additional qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in the fields of landscape architecture/design, urban planning, environmental studies, and/or work experience in these fields.
- Connections to community based organizations including community development organizations, open space/environmental nonprofits, arts and culture organizations, and schools.
- Knowledge and experience with CRM programs and protocols.
- Ability to initiate, develop, and sustain ongoing relationships with the Board and diverse constituencies.
COGdesign is committed to reflecting the diversity of the communities in which we work. We place an emphasis on serving under-resourced communities and addressing environmental justice. Preference will be given to applicants who come from or reside in the communities we serve. We actively encourage candidates from broadly diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest. We are currently not accepting applications for this position.