The Community Outreach Group for Landscape Design (COGdesign), created in 1997, is a non-profit organization that provides pro-bono landscape design services to underserved communities to bring attractive, healthy open spaces to their neighborhoods. COGdesign clients include affordable housing sites, schools, neighborhood parks, historic sites, libraries, and community gardens, primarily in Boston.
Executive Director (ED), reporting to the Board, will have overall organizational responsibility for COGdesign’s programs, development and fundraising toward the goal of executing our mission.
This part time ED position focuses on these primary areas:
- Fundraising including development of an expanded donor base.
- Increasing the visibility of COGdesign through print, broadcast and social media.
- Organizational support for 6-12 landscape design projects including clients, volunteer designers and project managers. Manage some projects coordinating with above partners.
- Keen attention to fiscal responsibilities and coordination with Treasurer and bookkeeper.
- Experience working collaboratively with diverse communities throughout Boston. Comfortable using public transportation to/within Boston or have reliable access to a car.
- Strong organizational skills; excellent writing and oral communication skills; excellent follow through; demonstrated past success in record keeping, project documentation, and attention to details.
- Demonstrated success using Microsoft Word and Excel, Constant Contact, Filemaker Pro (database management), DropBox, and Google Drive including docs and sheets
- Experience using social media for publicity and fundraising, including website updates, blogs, Facebook, and Twitter
- Experience within a nonprofit setting strongly preferred
- Ability to manage flexible hours to attend occasional evening meetings, to work off-site in locations across Boston, and to work partial hours at the COG office in Somerville, MA Compensation
This is a part time Contract position of 16 hours per week year round. Compensation is dependent on experience, and expected to be in the range of $25 – $30 per hour. Hours are flexible and fluctuate seasonally.
To apply please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to two COG Board members,